Monday, March 28, 2011

Home Sweet Home..

A quick vacation is sweet, but not quite as sweet as this little face.


So, New York was fantastic (as always). Here are a few of the highlights:

1. Lester Holt was on my flight...love a good Today Show star sighting.

2. Great sales at a GINORMOUS GAP & Banana Republic on 5th avenue. I do realize that I was on 5th avenue and had oodles of fancy schmancy stores to choose from, but let's face it....
GAP & BR is more my cup o' tea.

3. Manicure at Bloomie...loved it. Plus, the lady from law & order and Brit(tany Spears) are regulars! I selected OPI Big Apple Red since I thought that was very appropriate.

4. No show options so I rushed over to Grand Central and hopped on the Train alongside the commuter rush...I picked the seat near the group of "Barefoot Contessa's turned museum curators," so I had some very uplifting conversation to eavesdrop on.

5. An afternoon nap in a fantastic Marriott plush bed....Ahhhh.

6. Dinner at the "knock your socks off" Chinese joint, Philippe Chow . Literally, I screamed on the inside as I was consuming the best chicken satay EVER!!!

7. Picking up a pistachio cupcake and a gift for my baby gal at Magnolia Bakery. I could have stayed in there all day. I LOVE the decor and the feel of it. I am not a baker, however I am determined to make a cupcake someday that looks like that.



It was a great trip...but it is great to be home.






No comments:

Popular Posts