Thursday, May 17, 2012

Starting FRESH...

I keep telling myself that I am going to do this, that, and the other.

Well, it hasn't happened.

This blog being one of 'em.  Rather than my typical "sign up for the world" deal, I'm taking baby steps.  I am going to set realistic expectations for what is REALLY going to happen, and what gets put in the RAINY DAY pile, and then there is the IN MY DREAMS pile.  There is a place for everything.

Luckily, I have a very patient and supportive husband who helps me along with all of my big ideas and dreams...did I mention he is supportive if they actually happen or NOT!  He IS great, I know, right?  It is also great to have a partner in crime for big ideas...he is one of the most creative "dreamers" I know.  He is just a lot better and executing them.  I am working on taking tips and lessons from him so I too can have the execution part down.

So, seriously...what am I doing?  Well aside from chasing around one baby while trying not to drop the other, I am working on making our house more of a home...a bit clique, yes, but very true.  I am talking about mastering the world of motherhood.  I will admit, at times (past, present, and probably future) I do feel like I am working manual labor in a Molly Maid's training camp filled with poopy diapered babies, BUT I am getting better at loving it rather than complaining about it.  It is all about attitude.  Isn't that right honey?

For starters, many of you know, I am a bit timid in the kitchen.  Most meals get an invite to the nearest garbage can or fed to the dog...however, I am PRACTICING and I think getting at least a little better.  So anywhoo...we started the dinner spinner in our house.  I don't know about you, but just coming up with and idea for dinner put me over the top and into the Wendy's drive thru.  This little dinner spinner idea has changed our world.  Ok, maybe a bit dramatic, but you get the idea.  We have all of our favorite items to choose from, chicken, turkey, veggies, fruit, grains, and then the flare or genre of food.  We pick an item from each and in the style of the TV show Chopped (sans timer or challengers) we get to work coming up with an idea for dinner.  So far, so good....and most importantly, it is fun!  I will also note that it helps with the grocery store shopping - bonus!

Ok, then the blog...OH THE BLOG...I started this years ago and loved it.  Then I had my first baby.  I don't recall what I was so busy with, but the blog just fizzled away.  Then came the second baby.  I think by this point, I had multiple diaper bags piled up on my desk and a computer that was so slow there was really NO point.  Luckily, I got a new computer and a cleared off desk for Mama's Day this year...and so I'm back.  For a bit, I thought...no one wants to hear about me and my days...I mean c'mon.  I am over this and going to blog regardless, but without the pressure of "getting a post up."  This will be the no pressure swanky composure blog...it is just how I roll these days.

Then, we have the other promise I have added to the list over and over.  It is mainly my waistline after being pregnant back to back.  These kids have not done me any favors in that department.  Well, rather than talk about oh say, do an iron man next week, or run a  yoga workshop in the Spring...I'm again, taking baby steps.  Last month when I visited San Diego with Nina...Yes, it was crazy, but worth it, we did a 5K with a friend and her son (both babes in the strollers).  It was pouring down rain, muddy, rough terrain, and I loved it!  So, I signed up for another one locally and did that last weekend.  I will do another one in the beginning of June.  There is something fun and motivating about doing a run, a walk, a skip, whatever...with a paper number on.  There just is.  I may someday get to the half or whole marathon level again, OR maybe not...for now, this is good enough.

Well, that is my plan, my laid back, get back into the swing of life after babies life...My biggest challenge will be to roll with the punches and just keep truckin'.  Here's to realistic goals!!

Oh, yay....my cupcakes are done and they don't smell burnt!!

Toodles.


No comments:

Popular Posts